Facebook is the most popular social media network in the world, with over 2 billion monthly active users. It has grown exponentially since its launch in 2004, but Facebook is continually developing various new features to better suit its users. One of the newest features is Facebook Touch, which launches recently on iOS and Android devices.
Perhaps you are already familiar with Facebook and its apps. However, what do you know about Facebook Touch? Okay, let’s discuss it in detail.
Basic Introduction about Facebook Touch / Touch Facebook
Facebook has created many new ways to communicate with friends and family. The new Facebook Touch app allows users to use Facebook smoothly even if their internet connection is poor and the Normal Facebook app runs slow on their smartphones or PCs browsers.
The Facebook touch application works similarly to other Facebook applications but has an advantage over them in graphics and its user-friendly interface. For those who have slow internet connections or their normal Facebook app runs slowly, touch Facebook maybe for them. It works smoothly even with a slow internet connection. Thus, it is considered to be one of the best Facebook applications.
What is Facebook Touch
Facebook touch is another form of standard Facebook application with a smooth and user-friendly interface. It is an application designed specifically for touchscreen devices. I’m sure you have already been a touchscreen smartphone user for a long, and today almost everyone has a touchscreen smartphone in their hand. So this application was developed to make Facebook mobile-friendly so that users can interact with it smoothly. This is an alternative to regular Facebook apps.
How To Access Facebook Touch?
Using Facebook Touch is a very simple process. Simply type touch.facebook.com into your browser to get started.
How to log in via Facebook Touch?
The login process on Facebook Touch is similar to the Normal Facebook login process. If you are still on confusion please check the procedure below:
- Visit the Facebook Touch URL: touch.facebook.com
- Enter your username and password, then you’ll enter the Facebook touch world.
How to download and Install Facebook Touch on your devices?
There is no official Facebook Touch application available on the Play Store. You can find several APK files on the internet if you search for the keyword “Download Facebook Touch”. As they are third-party applications, we don’t recommend you to use these. To make it easier, if you still want to have Facebook touch to be in your devices like other applications, you can add it to your home screen as a shortcut. To do this follow these procedures:
How to add Facebook Touch on your PC Home screen?
- Step 1: Right-click on the Desktop
- Step 2: When the menu appears, click on “New”
- Step 3: Click on “Shortcut”
- Step 4: You will see there, a box where you have to put Facebook touch URL (https://touch.facebook.com/). Just paste it there and hit Enter button or simply click on “Next”
- Step 5: Next you have to give a name to the shortcut and save it just by clicking on “Finish”
- Step 6: Enjoy Facebook Touch with a single click.
How to add Facebook Touch on your Android Home screen?
- Step 1: Open any web browser on your android phone
- Step 2: Browse the URL: https://touch.facebook.com/
- Step 3: Tap the three dots on the upper right corner after the page is fully loaded
- Step 4: Next, select the “Add to home screen” Option.
- Step 5: Now, complete the process by giving a proper name for the shortcut.
- Step 6: Check your home screen and enjoy.
How to add Facebook Touch on your IOS Home screen?
- Step 1: Browse Facebook Touch (https://touch.facebook.com/) on any of your preferred browsers.
- Step 2: Tap on the right arrow beside the browser box, to get a drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Add to Home screen” option.
- Step 4: Your browser will automatically exit and you will see a shortcut to Facebook Touch on your home screen.
Messaging On Facebook Touch
This is something you have never expected. Now you don’t need a messenger to chat with your Facebook friends. Yes! You heard it right. Facebook touch provides chatting features too. Now you can get rid of lagging your smartphone due to huge apps like messenger.
How To Chat On Facebook Touch?
- Simply tap on the top-right icon of the Facebook touch interface
- Scroll and Find the “Chat” tab.
- Open it and enjoy chatting with your loved ones.
- You can share texts, images and emojis using the Facebook touch chat feature.
How To Change Profile Picture On Facebook Touch?
- Tap into the right side button and tap on your name. This will take you to your main profile page.
- Tap On your profile picture.
- Tap on “Change Profile Picture”. You can find this option below your current profile picture.
- Choose the desired photo.
- Complete the process by Tapping on the “Use This Photo” button.
How To Create Page On Facebook Touch?
- Go to Pages from the top right toggle menu.
- Tap On Create.
- Tap on get started.
- Give a name to your page and tap on next.
- Choose the appropriate category and sub-category then tap on next.
- Add profile or cover images and additional details and complete your page setup. However, you can skip these steps.
- Finally, you have done creating a page with Facebook touch.
Facebook Touch Features
Because Facebook Touch is a browser-based application, it loads faster than the app. Facebook Touch today comes with multiple features, which makes it a must-have for social media users. Here are some of them:
- More user-friendly interface: The user interface is designed to be user-friendly with a clean design.
- Better media quality: This allows us to view media in better quality than Facebook lite.
- Faster loading time: Facebook has been experimenting with different loading times for their pages. They have given their best on Facebook touch to make it the fastest and better user experience.
- Lower memory and battery usage: Battery and memory usage are one of the top reasons behind smartphones users’ headaches. The original Facebook application uses up the memory and battery much more quickly. Since Facebook touch is a web-page-based service, it will run on your pre-installed web browser and won’t cost extra memory on your phone.
The downside of Facebook Touch
- Facebook touch is not compatible with larger displays. It is only for small smartphones.
- Media quality is quite better than Facebook lite but can’t experience the quality as on a normal Facebook app.
- Since We all are familiar with dynamic user interfaces, The Facebook Touch interface seems traditional and it makes feel us like a broken page.
What is the difference between Facebook and Facebook Touch?
The most common question I receive from my reader is: What is Facebook touch and how is it different from the regular Facebook application?
Well, if you have accessed your Facebook account with any browsers on your devices, you may have noticed on the address bar that the URL of the Facebook touch and URL of normal Facebook is slightly different.
You may have found, facebook.com, while exploring Facebook from your laptop or desktop; m.facebook.com, while browsing Facebook on your mobile browser, and touch.facebook.com while exploring Facebook Touch on your PCs or smartphones.
Users of Facebook touch enjoy a seamless user experience, as it loads quickly and allows them to access their Facebook account feeds without worrying about their touchscreen device freezing.
In addition, if you are using Facebook Touch on your smart devices, you will be able to access Facebook and Messenger without the need to download the app.
Is It Worth Using Facebook Touch?
The Facebook Touch has loads of great features, but be sure to check it out before you decide to use it or not! It’s important to think about how many Facebook features you need and how many are supported by this version of Facebook.
It’s an alternative to the normal Facebook application and messenger, which will definitely help to save your memory usage on devices and help to extend your battery life.
Since It will always be available and you can easily access it anytime, you can use it as per your requirement and mood.
Is Facebook Touch Better?
I will say YES! According to my experience, Facebook touch is the far option if you have low memory space on your device, slow internet connection, and still can’t quit Facebook journey. Though it will not provide a dynamic user experience, we can use all Facebook features with it. For those who use older devices having low memory and poor battery health and still want to be updated with the latest trends, Facebook touch has proved to be the best option.
Easy Access To Facebook Touch
Facebook touch allows you to easily access several Facebook features. Users can enjoy most of the things available in the original Facebook app on this light version of Facebook. Following are major features you can access on facebook touch.
- Profile: This allows you to edit your profile. This includes: Changing your profile image, cover image, adding work experiences, and other personal detail.
- Groups: With this, you can join several public and private groups. Also, it allows creating your own community.
- Pages: You can create pages for your business use or for anything you like.
- Marketplace: With this, you can explore a huge online marketplace that facilitates you to sell your products as well as you can find your desired products to buy.
- Help and Privacy: The privacy tab allows you to set up all privacy settings for your account which will help to keep your account safe. Also, you can reach the help centre if you got any problems with the app and try to find solutions for them.
- Apps: You can view all apps that are accessed with your Facebook account. You can also remove them if you want.
- Gaming: This allows you to enjoy several facebook based games. Some popular facebook touch games are Ludo, Cricket etc.
Ready To Switch To Facebook Touch?
So, are you ready to switch to Facebook touch? With all Facebook features and the fastest performance, I m using this for the last 2 months. The main thing I got with this new generation of Facebook is, It saves 2 GB of storage of my phone. Yes! 2 Gb, which was occupied by Facebook and Facebook Messenger applications.
Are all web browsers compatible with Facebook touch?
Yes! It’s compatible with every browser like google chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Brave, Safari etc. As it is a simple web page, there is no reason it should not be compatible with any browsers.
Why Should You Use Facebook Touch?
It’s your choice lol. If your phone has low space and you have a slow internet connection and still want to explore Facebook, there is no other choice than to use facebook touch.
So this was all about Facebook Touch. Through this article, I have tried my best to introduce you to the newly launched Facebook version (Facebook Touch). Had you tried it before? Or are you planning to use it now? I would love to hear, how was your journey with Facebook Touch, below in the comment section.